The campsite located in Corrèze is a concentrate of all the happiness that one can get from the river in the Dordogne valley: a fresh, temperate, pure river, ideal for nature lovers and relaxation.
The campsite on the edge of the Dordogne river is the charm of the establishment. You will live in the heart of a wild environment for a guaranteed change of scenery!
Stay with your feet in the water on the banks of the Dordogne
Seen from the air, the campsite on the Dordogne river seems to have been set down in the middle of nature in a beautiful, spacious and green wooded area in the south of the Corrèze.
Staying on the banks of the Dordogne River, you will have access to the river and the Etang du Miel beach. Stay in a natural setting in one of the mobile homes or on one of the camping sites near the heated swimming pool and the playground which will delight your children. The river that borders the campsite is only a sample of a natural site of great beauty, the Dordogne valley, a site classified as a biosphere reserve by Unesco.
The Dordogne, one of the most beautiful rivers in France
The Dordogne river has its sources in Mont-Dore, in the Puy de Sancy, and is fed by various tributaries. Crossing several departments, including Corrèze, it offers addresses that lend themselves perfectly to all sorts of activities. Swimming, kayaking, canyoning, paddle… So many water sports to discover with family or friends.
Ideally located, the campsite Le Gibanel allows you to appreciate all the splendor of the Dordogne and the nearby sites. Moreover, if you plan to spend your vacations in Corrèze, this campsite on the edge of the Dordogne is the perfect place.
Book your accommodation on the river
Offering all the comfort you need for a stay in Corrèze, our campsite on the edge of the Dordogne River offers you a wide range of accommodation:
- With a capacity of 4 to 8 people, our mobile homes are designed for families or groups. Of course you can also stay there as a couple.
- For those with an adventurous spirit, camping sites on the banks of the Dordogne are also available.
- For a romantic getaway or a family vacation, pitching a tent is the ideal way to experience the heart of nature.
- The pitches have been designed to offer you all the necessary amenities. Electrical installation with French plugs and sanitary facilities are nearby. You will also have access to wifi to connect to the internet, only at the Reception and the Bar.
Confort cottage 2 bedrooms
Confort cottage 3 bedrooms
Privilège cottage 2 bedrooms
Privilège cottage 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms
Unusual Cottage Coco sweet
The rivers to discover from the campsite
Corrèze is crossed by several rivers. Among these we can count :
- The Dordogne : With its crystal clear waters, the Dordogne is one of the cleanest rivers in France. It also lends itself very well to fishing for the amateurs of the kind.
- The Corrèze : It is from this river that the department of Corrèze takes its name.
- The Vézère : punctuated by dams and bridges, the Vézère has its origins on the Millevaches plateau.
WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT CAMPING
Water activities along the river
Our campsite, with its feet in the water in a green setting, is also for sportsmen and women who wish to spend active vacations by tasting the pleasures of aquatic activities along the Dordogne river.
And as if the proximity of one of the most beautiful rivers in France was not enough, you will find a vast stretch of water just a stone’s throw from the campsite, ideal for water activities in the river such as canoeing, which will allow you to discover the Dordogne castles from a new angle.
For family fun, we invite you to rent a canoe in Corrèze. After a few paddle strokes, take it easy and observe the environment in which you navigate. Need to refresh yourself? Take a dip in the river from your boat before setting off again.
On the Gibanel lake, one of the most beautiful lakes in Corrèze, you can also try a very fashionable water sport coming straight from Polynesia: stand up paddle (SUP). This discipline requires a good physical condition and a great sense of balance, but is accessible to beginners and children. Standing on your board, you will have to paddle to advance at your own pace. This trendy sport combining elements of surfing and canoeing, which can be practiced in the sea and in the river, muscles different parts of the body, especially the abdominal muscles.
Discover the lake of Causse, probably the most famous lake of Corrèze.
Enjoy fishing in the river
The Dordogne is a river full of fish and is a great playground for fishing enthusiasts in Corrèze. We invite our fishing friends to inform themselves about the regulations (licenses, authorized areas) before their arrival at the campsite.